Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Week of Giving Thanks and the Flu

It was a full week for sure!! Before Thanksgiving both Andrew and Eli came down with a 24 hour bug. Let me tell you how much fun that was. Josh and I were up all night with children getting sick and cleaning up after them. It was an experience that I do not hope to relive in the future. Thanks to my children I then got the bug on Thanksgiving. I then passed it on to Grandpa McIntyre. Thankfully we were in Marion so we stayed there so that Pam could help out with the kids while Josh went to work on the following Friday.

Even though I was sick we still had a very nice Thanksgiving. It was great to see family, some that we have not seen in too long. We spent Thanksgiving in Marion and then on Saturday we met the Block side of the family at the Beef House. It was great to see Andrea and Matt, she is now only two months away from having the baby. We are so blessed to have such a great family. By far that is what we are most thankful for this year. Our families have been so generous in helping us out with our growing family. It was definitely a hectic year and without them I do not think we would have survived. In saying that we thank our friends and family in supporting us through this year. In looking around at the boys I see three very happy, healthy young men and this is in part due to all that you have done. We are of course also thankful for our three sons. So it was a good week, with some harry days in between. Attached are some pictures from the week, have a great one!

Eli giving Great Grandpa Dixon pounds at Thanksgiving.
The boys playing Grandma and Grandpa McIntyre a tune.

Taking a look at the first snow of the season.












1 comment:

Gidget said...

Gretchen.. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving even though you were all sick.. I was sick all last week and on Thanksgiving too. Take care and I hope the boys all get healthy soon. I have a feeling this is going to be a nasty winter..